Paradisio Apartments, Stavros, Crete, Greece Review
(reality beats the pictures on the website)
A Great Place to Stay, Also with Kids
Wow! Will gladly return (how does the rating work?)
Last visited in 2005.
7 apartments distributed in separate single and double-storied buildings. No other houses nearby. Living room with kitchen, 2 separate bedrooms with two beds each. Bathroom with tub/shower. No meals included. Road forks off to the right before Stavros, follow the signs. Remote location, car almost essential. Parking onsite.
Family run by middle aged couple Christina and Kostas. Their son Costas handles accommodation requests by email in English. They're extremely friendly, caring and hospitable, even though their English is marginal (their son and daughter speak it excellently, though). They run an organic farm as well and we got fresh melons, watermelon, their own honey, olive oil and wine and were invited for a sensational home-cooked grill-dinner together with the other guests. Air conditioning and a baby cot were included. Spotlessly clean. Nice large swimming pool with a separate baby pool.
- Extremely hospitable and friendly hosts
- Very clean
- 3 Rooms
- New, fresh impression (five years old)
- Fully equipped kitchen (toaster, water boiler, sandwich heater, mixer)
- Very quiet (except for the crickets)
- Swimming pool
- Fresh farm produce supplied
- Nearest beach is in Stavros, about 5 minutes by car. Two other beaches a bit further away - Marathi Beach and Kalathas.
- You will need a car to get around, but that's probably a requirement for Crete anyway.
Paradisio Pool Area with three Apartment Buildings. There are fields all around and hence the location is very peaceful
View from the kitchen window
Bedroom view (one of the three rooms of the apartment), spotlessly clean before we'd used it. The door on the left leads to a balcony overlooking fields
- Cleanliness: Great
- Quiet: Great
- Spaciousness: 3 rooms. Not overly large rooms, but the number makes up.
- Friendliness: Great
- Location: ok, car recommended
- Amenities: Great. Good a/c, great pool, all kitchen equipment worked